The Club Championship Series consists of 8 different events which are organised by the committee & club members. All members of the club who are 16 and over are eligible to take part in the Club Championship Series.
The members with the most amount of points after the last event in the series will be the Championship Winners. Prizes are awarded to 1st/2nd/3rd in both under 40 and 40+ age categories for both male and female. The top dogs also get to take home some silverware too! Prizes are awarded at the end of season bash.
Rules & How Points Are Gained
a) To be eligible for the competition each member must take part in a minimum of 4 events.
b) Points are gained for every position, so for example if 30 members take part then all 30 members will acquire points.
c) Every member will also acquire 1 point for taking part.
d) Every member who turns up to help out at any of the club events (this includes the club organised kids events) will acquire 1 point for helping. This is limited to a max of 3 per person for the whole series though.
The events in the Club Championship Series for 2018 are as follows:-
- Thursday 8th February: Postal Swim. Basically this is see how far you can swim in 1 hour. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Sunday 11th February: MTB Duathlon at Yair. Club contact for the event is Toby Vint.
- Sunday 1st - 30th September: Kev's Hill Climb Challenge - Club Contact is `Kevin Fairbairn.
- Friday 18th May: Tweedbank Road Duathlon. Club contact for the event is Charlie Roberts.
- Thursday 6th July: Aquathon. Club contact for the event is Katrona Methven.
- Sunday 28th July: St Mary's Loch Triathlon. Club contact for the event is "The Committee".
- Saturday 25th August: The Town Challenge. Club contact for the event is "The Committee".
- Sunday 21st October: Cross Country Race. Club contact for the event is David Hunter.